Wednesday, January 01, 2003

First Day
Roll out of bed early because I can't really sleep extra like I wanted to with a bad headache pounding away. It think it was the homemade wine at last night's New Year's eve get together that did this to me. Long shower, no shave, it sounds like it's raining hard outside. Decide to step out toward campus to scare up some breakfast, the walk is very rainy both coming down and on the ground, lots of splish-spalsh. Freda's is open and I ponder whether it should be French toast of cheese omelet, I decide to go with omelet and a side of bacon. Food comes quick and is exactly what I need at the moment..mmm..coffee. Drunken man three seats down from me tries to get my attention but I ignore him, I don't feel like dealing with that now. He later mutters toward me "asshole" and keeps staring at me attempting to recognize his existence, I don't pay attention, I think he's really pissed off at me. I don't want a strange ass confrontation or worse yet a weird brawl now, today or here. I don't look at him and he soon leaves to hopfully sleep it off. I walk back in the still pouring rain to the office to get some work done so my tomorrow will run smoother, chomp on some wonderful Chinese roll cookies friends from Philly brought me yesterday, work quickly gets done. Get home, call parents and friends to wish them a happy New Year, head still hurts.....

No comments: