Saturday, February 09, 2002

After work: Nice weather draws me to campus for late dinner. Walk past Hocus Pocus, for a few minutes I make friends with friendly black cat in closed store window. It brushes around the votive candle display and the window wanting me to give it a scratch between the ears, but I can't. Settle on BaBa D's for some Middle Eastern fair, stuffed cabbage in specific. Salad and hummus prelude is quite good as is the main course. Arabic language and music comes from behind me, I'm the only patron in the restaurant. Arabic mixes with english as fellow employees help waitress with her calculus homework. I decide to have baklava, music breaks into Middle Eastern version of "Louie Louie", I can't believe my ears. I have to ask waitress what music we're listening to, she calmly says, Egypt's greatest hits 2001. I'll have to come back here for more of this.

No comments: