Monday, July 01, 2002

Thank heaven for 7-11...To hot to stay inside, decide to take a late night walk toward the campus/business place. Usual bands of bus waiters, street people rocking back and forth and wearing mexican hats, shady agents, etcetc. I pass the Authentic and think about getting a hot dog but the crowd looks too rough and I don't feel like fighting, besides their dogs aren't all that, the fries however are a different story. I decide to stop at the less active 7-11 to scout out some bad food, I decide on two wrapped chicken rolls that have been on the griller for probably too long, a evil looking pastry from the Atlanta Breads display and some Welch's grape juice. I watch the woman in front of me spend $33 on six premade saranwrapped hoagies, a gallon of fruit drink and a large bag of Lays potato chips..wow..I don't feel as bad now. Walking back I pass an abandoned shopping cart that a few hours earlier was the place where Bible thumpers were passing out tracks to salvation, I try to make a connection between them but I can't. Past the action, I decide to plop down and devour my convenience store repast, across from me Galileo and Michelangelo from the museum seem relatively uninterested. Gather mess, march back home, still hot.

No comments: