Tuesday, April 09, 2002

More Trip: Fortythree rolls into the station and grinds to a halt, I grab carry on and trundle out to the waiting area. Once inside I take on my usual confused state but I am quickly snapped out of it by Cleveland Uber blogger Jocko. It was great to finally meet Jim in the real world, he was immediately super friendly and all smiles from the get go, a very nice greeting after the trip. Jim was good enough to leave work early to pick me up and get me to my hotel. We start talking about stuff as Jim points out city sculptures of interest while weaving through downtown. We pass an immense Civil War style memorial that looks unbelieveable. After a little confusion on directions but good talk along the way, we get to my hotel. Once settled in Jim recommends eats at an asian place and we pick up his friend Dave to join us. Switching to Dave's silver vw bug we arrive at the Minh Anh restaurant. Good food, very nice conversation, my grilled chicken was delicious, tried some tasty beef cinnamon soup, this was a great place to eat. Jim gets me back to my hotel through near blinding lake effect snow storm. Very nice of Jim to get me orientated in Cleveland, truly a top-notch guy, it was great yaking about stuff and having good asian eats. A little tired, I call it an early evening.

No comments: