Monday, April 15, 2002

Last Trip: Get up and get some steak, eggs and some blueberry pancakes as my last hotel meal. Back at my room I finally notice the Cleveland City Visitor magazine setting on the coffee table, on the cover Jeweled Arts of India in the Age of the Mughals. I've always been a fan of the Mughal empire(really, I'm not kidding)....maybe my next trip. Check out with enough time to get train out, call cab. Along the way I chitchat with the driver, look at his dashboard clock, I notice its about one hour later than it should be then it hits me.....aaarrrrghhhdamn damngrrrsonavabitchgggrrr fuckingdaylightsavingtime imafuckingidiotgrrr.....driver tries to get me in on time but when you want the train to be late, it is of course, right on schedule...which means I missed it. Switch gears to Greyhound station which has a bus going out in about two hours which really isn't too bad. I buy my ticket. The Cleveland station is large and busy with ordinary people moving to all points. Metro Security is all over the place, I decide to cool my jets with some $1.27 Greyhound coffee as I take in the activity and the artdeco look of this big station. The Greyhound coffee isn't as good as the Amtrak coffee but I guess I'm drinking it. Lots of people of all types, lots of different bags and luggage, lots of different stories I'm sure. The Greyhound logo is everywhere but there is a Leader of the pack mega-sized hound icon hanging high above the others and looking down on all of us ordinary people...I think I feel safe...I start to get in line for the trip. Metro Security is actually checking bags...I hope my SHIELD clearance will explain the large rawhide tossing bone I have packed away...he checks me next...woo...I'm safehaha. Our driver checks our tickets as we get on, he looks like an old salt with this routine sporting his Greyhound uniform. I'm on and the people just keep on coming..till we're completely full. Large black woman with heavy red coat braves to set next to me, she holds on to her small purse for dear life. We start out leaving Cleveland behind, I try to sleep as much as I can, I think everybody else has the same idea. The trip back seems to go much faster and I find myself arriving at the home station in good time. A very very good trip and it's good to be back with everything intact..

No comments: